IndiBlogger - The Indian Blogger Community Creative Commons License
The Indigenius' Den by Ankit Kumar is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 2.5 India License.
Based on a work at www.theindigeniusden.blogspot.com.

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

A Messenger

Why does this bird sing so sweetly?
I wonder what she says,
Is she calling out to her mate?
Or is she just too happy to be sedate?

I look at her yearningly, and think,
“We are quite different, you and I…”
You sing out of pleasure, or so I believe,
While I just look on as the sun bids me good bye.

The sun goes down, leaving me gloomy,
And the bird retires after her long day at work.
I also bend down to reach my gather of twigs,
And then, all I do is smirk!

How could I look for my twigs?
All I did today was think of her,
And another day is whiled away,
But then, it’s one less day of waiting…

I call out her name to the skies,
The clouds look back at me with sleepy eyes.
“She’s not up here,” they seem to say,
I know, I know; but what else do I try?

I look around, longing to catch a glimpse of her
But she’s nowhere to be found.
“Please let me set eyes on her again,” I implore;
Gods in the heavens chuckle and finally open a door.

Suddenly, out of nowhere, another bird alights,
She seems happy and she sings out of delight.
I feel assured that she had sent her here,
‘Cause though she sang, her voice seemed so near!

2 comments:

Dances With the wolf said...

imagination well painted and very well rhymed too

Unknown said...

Nice rhyme and style. I'd really like to hear about the 'inspiration' though..

UA-57300702-1